Pistol Course Level 1
Designed for those interested in gaining a basic working knowledge of firearms, firearm safety, and shooting fundamentals. The Basic Courses are for First-time shooters, those considering a handgun purchase; those with an interest in improving their shooting skills.
Who’s it for?
The Pistol Class level I is designed for those interested in gaining a basic working knowledge of firearms, firearm safety, and shooting fundamentals. The Basic Courses are for First-time shooters, those considering a handgun purchase; those with an interest in improving their shooting skills
The Basic Pistol course with D.T.D is approximately an 8-hour course. Students will learn the Basics of Pistol Shooting, and receive an extensive lesson in safety, gun handling, the various types of pistols, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, various pistol firing positions, several practical exercises on the firing range, discussion on cleaning, storage, and a summary of various pistol sports and activities.
Firearms and ammunition can be provided!
Course Instruction Includes:
– Quick introduction to Firearms
– Firearms Safety
– Fundamentals of Marksmanship
– Reload & Target transitions
– Cadence of fire
– Culmination exercise
What to bring
– 100-150 Rounds of Handgun Ammunition (Buying option at the range starting at $25/box of 50rds)
– Sturdy Belt
– Handgun Holster (if you have one)
– Magazine pouch (if you have one)
– Lunch, Water, Hat, and Weather Appropriate Clothing
– Reliable Semi-Automatic Handgun (rental option at the range starting at $10)
– Extra Magazine
– Range Fees
– Hearing Protection and Eye Protection
– Rental options available for 9mm handgun (holster provided)
Approximately 6-7 hours
For the class portion, we’ll meet at 8 am at Draken Training Division Station 7625 Hayvenhurst av, #14 Van Nuys , CA 91406
For the second part of the class we will meet at California Tactical Academy 6700 Holser Canyon Rd, Piru, CA 93040 until around 2pm.